Montreal on New Years Eve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal on New Years Eve

This is way way off topic but I am thinking of going to Montreal with a couple of guys from work for New Years Eve, last year it was Berlin. I have never been to Canada - I just need to get out of LA for awhile - for any Canadians in Da House does that sound like a really good or really bad idea ?

Thanks as always for your advice and help.

Well, there are a few activities in town, but it ain't nothing like times square...

There is always a few activities during the holidays in Old Montreal, organized by the city, which can be quite cool, but more family oriented.

http://www.lesfeeriesdenoel.info/

But Montreal nights are most likely always interesting..

So it can be good idea, can be fun, but not really more at new year's eve than any other time of the year
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

i spent 6 years of my life there in montreal and it was definately a lovely place to live.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

that's not what you told me elf, way back in the day. You said you hated Montreal because they were too french for you, and you hated the french, and the french suck, so french canadians suck also.

Actually he said no such thing, and I am not to be trusted...ever...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

hehe. and i was right infront of university de montreal which had lots of french students living around there

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, at the moment the group that wants to go is split between Hawaii and Montreal. Living in LA and growing up in Dublin I get sick of the sun so I could do with a change never mind a bit of culture ( albeit French Culture :] ) I've met some really cool Canadians and from what I've heard the women in Montreal like to party !!!

The jury is still out - another friend of mine suggested Columbia !!!

Comment

Adam,

I would recommend it. I was there for New Years awhile back andi had a great time. It was really cold but with the proper amount of alcohol coursing through the veins it was less of a problem. We went to a bash in a converrted church if i remember correctly. I found that there was lots to do and the people were extremely nice. Food was great and the women of Montreal are some of the most beautiful in the world. If you go...post pictures!!!!!
              -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

They speak the real french! (or so I've been told)
                LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

New years eve in Bogota gets my vote! I bet it's crazy!

<edit - I assume you mean Colombia rather than Columbia...>
                  .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

They speak the real french! (or so I've been told)

Yep, and guess what, I was told that americans really speak english...

About food and women:

There is some great food around here, and the ratio of restaurants is quite high compare to some other major cities, and women, well, they are nice, but what visitors like the most about them is the atitude.
                    Alain Blanchette
                    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

well you cant do new years eve partying in barbados since we dont do that here. hehehe. instead we call it old years night.
                      but we party just as hard

Comment

Montreal for New Years EVE is great, been a while since I have have done one, so I don't know what clubs are good but I think you will find the city nice, cold, friendly and very "open minded'......Not as uptight as say, any North American city other then New Orleans....and the girls are good looking and not uptight....
                        Two heads are better than one ...
                        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
                        X