Vray Rocks the Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Rocks the Saints

The CG supervisor was Wayne England, the spot used 3ds Max with rendering in V-Ray for realism, and was composited on Flame, NUKE and After Effects. All of the water effects were done using Real Flow 4.

http://www.fxguide.com/article379.html

Check out some of the before and after shots in this article, the are absolutely amazing - I love the concept of this video, excellently realized -
    Congratulations to all the Sway crew !!

while the cg was enjoyable, i found the subject matter kinda ridiculous. An Apache helicopter, armed to the teeth winching up a survivor? A blackhawk would have done just fine. What are the tank rolling through the water going to destroy? looters? I get the idea of it, but frankly they could have been quite a bit more subtle about it and still got their point across.

Without getting into a political debate, I severely dislike entertainers shoving their political opinions down my throat, even when I happen to agree with their general premise.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I agree mostly

I have to say the first time I saw it I thought it was pretty damn stupid. But I think it says something important that many people don't get. It's all about symbolism. All those bombs and bullets have a real $$$$ cost and those $$$$ are being wasted. That money should be spent to protect New Orleans, rescue the people trapped by the floods or rebuild what they lost.

As for politics and music - if the politicians where doing a better job on behalf of the American People ( not giving Lobbyists B.J.'s at the four seasons ) then we wouldn't need the entertainers to be involved in politics, I'm just glad somebody cares and has enough balls to point out how f@@ked up the Katrina response was.

Sorry to say I'm with the Dixie Chicks on this one

P.S.
      Did you see what that place looked like on the anniversary of Katrina ? Jesus some of it looks like the day after the storm

Comment

Ya the symbolism isn't lost on me. And while I agree with the Dixie Chicks' sentiments, I feel insulted that some hollywood entertainer, who probably is less educated than me, (and that might not be saying much) and probably dumber than me (saying even less now) would somehow think I'm interested in their opinion.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

The masses

I think most the time they aren't talking to you or people as educated as you - if your in this field your plenty smart :P

The people they are aiming at learn about the World from the back of Corn Flakes box or even worse Fox News - it's really scary to imagine a World where the mainstream -"lets bomb them before they bomb us" media is the only thing available. It's sort of ironic but you have to be educated in the first place so that you can further your education. There is a whole segment of the World that is not online, and doesn't have access to that richness of information.

My hope - which is probably extremely simplistic, is a second stream of critical ideas starts that cycle of education. And they aren't going to get that a monster truck rally, American Idol or WWF - but the Dixie Chicks might just get them thinking.

Comment

The beautiful thing about the US is that people are able to express their differences of opinion, ideally 'free' from tyrannical rule - without bad taste, we wouldn't be able to discern the good. Perhaps the message is a little too insulting to one's intelligence, but there are plenty of ignorant people out there.

Anyhow, how about those Vray renders...
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

they vray renders are nice, yes they are.

Comment

interesting clip, the extra stuff added in by sway is very convincing and of course the vray renders are spot on
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                X