Poser 5 - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poser 5 - Help

I am working with Poser for the first time. If anybody here has experience with this quirky piece of software maybe they can help. I am trying to create some game type characters.

I am having trouble adding multiple clothing-conforming objects to a naked male figure. It is very simple but I can't figure it out, whenever I add say a shoe to the scene - the figure disappears and I am left staring at a shoe.

Ideally what I want to do is add all the necessary items of clothing-conforming items ( shoes trousers, ect) to a single figure.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

damm I did know but havent used it in years, that disappearing character rings a bell though, check your preferences,

post your question on renderosity.com as they are very helpful over there and it is very poser based forum.

I often though that if Poser had a MAX like UI it could be a sweet piece of kit, currently when you go at it from after being a MAX user it can drive you mad, it just does somethings arseways, and then it does other things brilliantly.

Good Luck
    Tom
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

when you add new bits and peaces (shoes etc) make sure to click the double ticks, not the single ticks.

single tickes "change figure"

Double ticks "create new figure"
      mdi-digital.com

Comment

Eureka

Thanks guys I just sort of got it. The double arrow does the trick but there is something else that was throwing me off.

When you are using the figure conform to ( tool ?) to get the stuff to snap onto the figure, you are given an options in a dropdown list . For each piece of clothing you have added there is a figure in that list even though you only have on actual figure in the scene, overly complicated - reminds me of max

It appears that if you always hit - figure 1 then all the bits and pieces get attached to the same original figure. If you hit any of the other figures listed then, the items gets attached to one another other - floating away from the character, it seems that that figure in this case acts more like an layer - Ah so confusing

Thanks a million for your help - I'm with Tom on this one, could be a sweet piece of software if it wasn't designed by monkies.

Comment

Working...
        X