Max 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 9

Is anyone using 9 for production yet? just curious if its as stable or more so than 8? 8 has been driving me out of my mind with Pflow issues and BB...

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

havn't much experiences with 9, but since i'am working with it lots of crashes in combination with 3rd party plugs.
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Comment

I have been using it about a month. I am having some BB issues w/ not all the servers being recognized for every job. sometime it will pick up all sometimes half sometimes none. Autodesk has released a new BB but it hasn't changed a thing. It really reminds me of network rendering 8-9 years ago. One big craps shoot. Any one else experiencing this?

Comment

I haven't had too many problems yet.....yet!!! I haven;t really put BB through the ringer just yet so can't really say. Viewport performance makes me a happy camper though.
        -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

actually, i am working on rolling it out right now. FileLink gave me a few problems, but i changed a few settings, and it seems to be fine now.

Comment

we've been using it since it came out and so far its been fine. i can recall a few crashes but nothing out of the ordinary. i did struggle with backburner for awhile because when i would submit a job, none of the nodes would see it. it turned out that the latest version of backburner wasn't installed and that took care of it.
            i agree the viewprt performance is a huge plus...worth the upgrade imo.
            -joe
            www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Actually speaking of viewport performance, has anyone noticed any boost in performance with particle flow on screen?

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1
                Actually speaking of viewport performance, has anyone noticed any boost in performance with particle flow on screen?

-dave
                I have. I think it has to do with them boosting the performace of non-geometry enbtities (like splines), but no matter what it is faster.

As for the BB issues, there is a BB2007 service pack that will fix these issues.

I did not intend to start using it for production work so soon, but in playing around, it is a very solid release. Aside from not having a couple plug ins working yet, it is working just great.

Comment

Working...
                X