No announcement yet.

Compositing tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm. didnt think about using an environment color which would be easily keyed like green or red for the reflection pass. question though. is your teapot reflection set at 100% going back to my original problem suppose it was on a reflective polished wooden table. the reflection shouldnt be 100 intensity. you should be able to see the wood texture but when you set its transparency lower then the problems arrise

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Well my teapot doesn't reflect at all, but it's not a problem (I'm about keying). Always can use diffuse pass or obj id.... etc.

About any kind of reflection - play with blending modes and opacity. I'm not sure I can 100% understand what's it's all about.

All I can say - you must recreate reflection, so your clock won't be there anymore...
      I just can't seem to trust myself
      So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      CG Artist

Comment

seems more like i need to recreate the wooden surface with no reflection to be able to composite along with the 3d reflection.
        maybe im just obcessing over something that the holiwood boys wouldnt care about since people dont usually pay attention to reflections anyhow. unlesssssss the focus was the reflection of a 3d character in a store window. you cant have him at 100% opacity since its a window and a window reflection is usually less. and you also cant have the buildings across the street mixed in with his reflection. but in this case i guess they would remove the glass. film the buildings across the street as a seperate pass then composite that into where the window should be along with his reflection.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hollywoood
          They have tons of matte painters, they can draw whole frame without 3d at all
          I just can't seem to trust myself
          So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
          ---------------------------------------------------------
          CG Artist

Comment

Use the matte obtained with the key (for the reflection), to paint in some wood texture picked from a clean part of the table.
            IE. clone over the reflection only where the reflection appears.
            In combustion (and i guess other apps) it's easy enough to lock a clone source to a frame, or have it roaming, so it's not impossible to get close.
            Can be laborious for longer shots, but i did use this technique to blend in live action in the past (reflections/refractions of characters to rig-remove inside a glass jar).

Lele

Comment

Unfortunately elf, you need to recreate the wood.. no other way. Lele's example sounds like a decent idea.

But simple enough, if you want to mix the character reflection with the wood surface (so its not a 100% reflection) you will need a clean wood surface which means painting out the clocks reflection.

Might be simpler to just remove the clock altogether

Comment

Working...
              X