Wrapping help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrapping help

Hey, I know this is not as much a rendering question as is a modeling, But I can not proceed unless I can get some guidance. I am trying to "shrink wrap" a series of swept splines on an organic shape, any ideas on the best way to accomplish this? I tried using cloth, but with no success.

Any help, would be great thanks

Should be posted in the off-topic section as this forum is for "Vray problems"

Anyway, have you tried using the conform spacewarp on your splines, and then using sweep on them?
    | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

oops, wrong forum, thanks

Can you elaborate more on the conform space? I am not familiar with it

Comment

I am not able to conform splines, only if I sweep them first and give them some geometry

Comment

Exactly. Sweep them, Conform them, then Edit Poly, select Edge subobject, select Edge segment, Loop, and the Create Shape. Easy

It actually all depends on if you have open or closed splines. Once I had to conform a site plan drawing to a hilly terrain. All the buildings were closed splines so I just Extruded, Edit mesh to delete all but top faces, then Conformed remaining faces, then Edit Poly, Border subobject, and because the edges were unwelded, all edges could be selected. Then Create Shape. Voila... 2d spline plan following 3d surface.
          "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

What's the deal with conforming splines anyway, I do it all the time for traffic visualization at work, never had any issues?

Not sure how you're doing it, but I create a conform spacewarp, then link the spline to that spacewarp (creates the conformWSM on the spline). Then collapse the spline so the WSM is off it and you're ready to sweep...

Also, it can only conform vertices, so it won't bend bezier handles to follow terrain or anything fancy like that. So divide your segments and or use a normalize spline modifier to get enough points that can move around, outside of that I don't see why you should have to do anything other than create your splines, conform them, collapse, sweep.
            | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Working...
            X