Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaosgroup Website in need of a Tune Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaosgroup Website in need of a Tune Up?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about it, but I think the Chaosgroup Website is in need of a serious overhaul. If anything, modern day portfolio samples should replace the current galley images for the Vray product and a slight interface facelift wouldn't hurt either. Vray is a high class product with deep penetration in the Visualization Industry and it needs a high class website to reflect this.

The Next Limit site is looking pretty nice and even the Cebas and Splutterfish sites look more interesting then the Chaos site. What's the marketing strategy for Chaos this year and is the website on the menu?

Right now it loads fast! I wouldn't come here nearly as often if it was as slow as cgtalk or most other forums. Sure a more stylish trendy look would be nice for a while but keep the out the flash #*! to keep the speed.

Comment

i prefer fast in all things.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
        Yeah, your wife wanted us to talk to you about that...

:P
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

percydaman wrote:
          oh man,

but seriously,
          the forum is great and fast - no probs there but agree big time about the site, outdated and Vray deserves much much better, if Vray could talk it would ask for a nicer site- guaranteed

Tom
          Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
            Originally posted by percydaman

:P
            Zzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg

Yeah site needs to be updated thats for sure. Abit awkward ATM.
            And the gallery really needs to be updated. Hardly shows off vray at all.

Comment

rofl
              What a mood, what a vibe.
              Hope 1.5 release will improve the site as well, agreed.
              Nice, shiny and spanky new
              Last, but not least.

Lele

Comment

The site doesnt bother me, but yeah, the gallery could use some work.

Its a good few years old, and any newcomer doing their first bit of research may be turned away. The quality of some images being posted on the forum now is so far beyond all of that.

Comment

ya i knew i was setting myself up when I said that.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

Comment

Re: Chaosgroup Website in need of a Tune Up?

Originally posted by MegaPixel
                        The Next Limit site is looking pretty nice and even the Cebas and Splutterfish sites look more interesting then the Chaos site. What's the marketing strategy for Chaos this year and is the website on the menu?
                        Ironically, Vray is still the leader of all of them. Don't quote me on this but they may control nearly 50% of the market. And they have done this with the current website and nearly no advertising. Vray has done really well word of month. They have so many things they want to focus on (maya and standalone version for example)... that a website and marketing is low on the list, I'm sure. Even Brazil 2.0 (which seems cool btw) is probably no threat to them.

Comment

Don't quote me on this but they may control nearly 50% of the market.
                          (I know don't quote me...)

which market do you mean? Visual FX? Architectural vis? 3ds Max plugins? (i'm not questioning you on this, just interested) I think Vray is a supurb rendering package, and the support from Choas group is second to none. They have the best customer service of any company i have ever dealt with really; obviously they are here to help and improve the market, not a bunch of faceless money grabbing people like some other companies...

Comment

We are aware that the site could use (a lot) more work, of course; hopefully it will be updated at some point soon.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by sv
                              Don't quote me on this but they may control nearly 50% of the market.
                              (I know don't quote me...)

which market do you mean? Visual FX? Architectural vis? 3ds Max plugins? (i'm not questioning you on this, just interested)
                              What's great is that vray as chris said is taking over purely by brute force - it's just simply better than anything else out there and people are recognising it. You have all the major arch vis places, I've used it as my main vfx renderer for years, digital domain are using it in film, taylor james in london do really high end photo manipulation with it and companies are switching over to max purely because of it. I'd say they could control 50% of the 3dsmax 3rd party renderer market but so many places are changing over purely because it's so good.

Well done to Vlado and Peter again.

Comment

Working...
                              X