No announcement yet.

Five years of V-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember were using fR, and saw Vray in pre alpha stage... Damn it was slooooow Year passed and we bought Vray

I like Vray
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
      hehehe....when I saw first renders of vray on cgtalk...I had no idea what renderers were, why they existed. I barely understood how 3d worked
      Ahh...good old times
      holy cow you've come along ways quick then, cause I had been using brazil beta for like over a year before I saw vray.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

happy birthday(my)vray

Comment

Well done Chaos! I have been there for most of the 5 years and I am proud to say that the products have developed into something fantastic! Bring on the next 5 years im sure they will be interesting.
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Ditto Chris!
            Well done guys, keep up the kaizen work on VRay
            "Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo" said the Romans.
            The drop hollows out the stone by frequent dropping, not by force; constant persistence gains the end.

Lele

Comment

A Happy Happy B'Day to you guys! You're doing a great job out there!

As so many ppl mentioned their way to vray...i gotta thank the whole crew at mackevision that got me to using vray in the first place when i even wasnt there and beeing an employee there was far away (all i say is BMW Motorrad HELM for the insiders :P ) And my anticipation of the interface and misunderstanding on my part grew to an everlasting love

Regards, and keep it up!

Thorsten

Comment

Great Product, Great Forum, Great Team, Happy Birthday VRay, I hope you have a long long life

Tom

ps I thought a cake was more appropiate for a 5 yr old.
                Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Congratulations lads, fantastic work to date!!!

5 years old and still kicking ass

The next 5 years will be quite interesting, will we get realtime rendering.. who knows

Comment

woho! congratulations, and a happy happy birthday chaoscrew!

great work - may you live long and prosper!

Comment

Holy crap! Time flies. It's been fantastic five years. I also started out with the beta for Brazil. Then you came along and I have never looked back. You have been awesome. I remember in the beginning when I spent alot of time in the #vray at mIRC. Those were those days. Now days I'm happy if I have the time to reply to e-mails.
                      Wish you all the best.

Comment

When Vray came out I'd never even thought about the concept of 3d software, haha. Didnt get into it till vray's second year, I'd have loved to been in it from the start.

Does anyone have any feature test renders from the very early days? I love seeing progression in stuff like that

Comment

happy birthday Vray and all the team, the best ever
                          =:-/
                          Laurent

Comment

happy (belated) birthday guys. Boy, 5 years, now I'm starting to feel old
                            -Peter

Comment

when vray came out i had already been testing MR for max (the early incarnation of it) and that was crappy. i was also testing brazil (ghost at the time) was also testing final render, raymax (which i picked as my favorite but it dies for some reason), also was testing something else. but i cant remember what it was now. but when vray 1st started beta testing whooohooo i never looked back

---------------------------------------------------
                              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Arnold / brazil (sometimes) for ages and then vray immediately it went to 1.46 - motion blur and displacement rocked...

Comment

Working...
                                X