zoom limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoom limit?

This may sound silly, but when in perspective view, why does max stop zooming at a certain point? It's very annoying, because I want to zoom in closer to look at some part of the scene, but before I get close enough, zoom just stops zooming?! I have been plagued by this in max 6-7-8-9...
    I usually have to select something nearby and press z, but this is not always a possible work-around. Anyone have any ideas or know what setting might deal with this? Thanks in advance

use the "user" viewport instead of perspective.
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Comment

Thanks Jonas, I'll try that.

Comment

thanks Jonas, it works better

Comment

nice.
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

The problem is your unit setup.
            I already had this kind of problem when I work in meter, in cm it doesn't appear.
            =:-/
            Laurent

Comment

So does this mean if I need to work in decimal inches, I will always face this problem?

Comment

I never work in inche of course(FR), but if your unit are too big, when you zoom there is a kind of clipping.
                That what I have seen.
                =:-/
                Laurent

Comment

Thanks priad, this makes sense. Sometimes it does seem to clip my view, but it seems sort of random. i guess for the moment I will stick with user view or try Generic Units.

Comment

Hi,

its not in the unit setup. that problem with the zoom limit is that your perspective "camera" has reach the same position as your perspective "target".
                    you can check by hitting CTRL+C in pespective view. there you will see what i mean.

/Ryan
                    if you find a bug...kill it.

Comment

Hi /Ryan

Thank you. I tried changing to generic units but it made no difference. After my current rendering
                      finishes I'll try to adjust the zoom limit, if possible...
                      thank you,
                      JR

Comment

well, so far I found no way to "adjust" this zoom limit.
                        oh well, not a big deal...
                        thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Comment

actually if you have something small just select it then click zoom extends to selected and then your zoom limits alter to accomodate that

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Thank you Da_elf, I do use that method, but sometimes i wish I didn't need the extra step of selecting something in order to zoom around. It seems funny that a program as capable of many complicated functions has such limited/cumbersome viewport navigation, although it still spanks AutoCAD in that regards

Comment

User view FTW

Comment

Working...
                              X