64 bit and printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 bit and printing

Well boys...Hit the first snag....Sort of a major one I would say....

We still have not installed the 8800gtx cause the new power supply that we got blew up....LOL...I smelled smoke....DOH...anyways....Still working on my old one....and have the other one hooked up also.....So....IT guy came in to installed printers for me and BAM....I can not print from that at all....Only to the Hp5000n, which is a small laserjet.... We have the HP5000 Designjets, a HP 5550 Color laser and etc...all of which I can not print to...Has anyone had any experience or is there something we are missing? I guess another option is to have a slave or something KVM'd on the network which I can switch to and then print.....I have to say I could just downgrade to XP, but I feel that I need the Ram.....Any suggestions, crits, perhaps the occasional WTF is welcome.
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

It's must be your lucky day

We also have the 5550(dn) Color LaserJet and running under XP64. (After tons and tons of phonecalls to HP )

You have to download the 4550 (fortyfivefifty) Universal Post Script drivers and install. (for XP64 ofcourse)

It will ask for a local or network printer. Choose Local and add TCP-IP port. Fill in your local network addy of your printer. It should do the trick !

(ofcourse dont forget to turn it's power on )

Comment

yeah turning the power on is always handy!
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

EDIT: Well....We used the generic driver for the 4550 laserjet for the Designjet 5000's and all was well...Of course the menu for the printer is different, but I will survive
        Eric Camper
        Studio 3D
        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Working...
        X