another backburner error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another backburner error

"There isn't enough memory for the raytracer to build it's acceleration data structures"
    At least this error is giving a reason why its failing Anyone know what to do here? The scene itself doesn't seem heavy or detailed enough to be running into memory issues. It's just a camera rotating around a moderately detailed SUV. I know I've rendered more complicated/detailed scenes in the past without issues. I guess i should start with looking at the reflective materials??
    The error was happening on all the nodes except for the beefy macpro.
    any ideas?

-joe
    www.boxxtech.com

Look for Raytraced materials/maps, Architectural materials, Ink'n'Paint material and maybe Advanced raytraced shadows.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks vlado.
      i don't have any such instances of the materials or shadows you mentioned. however i think the problem lies with the vehicles suspension which has a standard material applied to with 25% opacity. this object also has the toon effect applied to it to give it a kind of ghosty wireframe look.
      i usually dont use standard mats but it was the best way to get the look i wanted. it there a better way to animate objects fading off other than in post? with the scanline i used to just animate an objects visibility to the camera but when i try this with vray the render times go way up.
      www.boxxtech.com

Comment

The best way to do this is to render two pictures and blend them later on in a compositing program; otherwise semi-transparent objects create a host of additional GI rays bouncing back and forth and slowing the rendering.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X