new system vista or xp 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new system vista or xp 64

I´m going for a new computer and don´t know what OS to buy, XP64 or Vista. anyone have any thoughts on Vista as I fear XP64 will be left uncared fore now?

regards/Daniel
    Daniel Westlund

I have not heard anything positive about Vista. I'm sticking with xp64 which is working fine for me.

Comment

go xp64, most people know how crap vista is so it will be supported for a long time to come
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Tanks. I go for xp 64
        Daniel Westlund

Comment

vista one day if we HAVE to... but we dont yet
          and i believe vray and / or max 9 does not work in vistra :P

xp 64 is great anyway
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

XP 64... just be aware that there's a shortage of drivers available, especially for printers.

Comment

its not so bad anymore, because vista 64 drivers seem to work in xp64
              WerT
              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus
                its not so bad anymore, because vista 64 drivers seem to work in xp64
                Really? I'll have to go see if there are drivers available for our printers that I can't use then...

Comment

hmm. I got second thoughts on this. I red on xsi base there is no problem with xsi and vista, so I might give it a try. as I merely do rendering in max nowadays. and not on this machine. at least until I have sorted out the xsi passes and partition thing.

once again. thanks for the input
                  Daniel Westlund

Comment

Vista sucks up a LOT more resources than XP... so to get the most performance, you're going to want to stick with XP for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X