Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*i can see cleeearly now, the rain has gone*

yup, i thought i was missing something

different maps and accurate placement ought to cause some problems, yes - sorry about that...

Comment

ah a pity, I thought you knew a way of doing it with particles
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

Make a plane with it's pivot at the bottom, birth particles on your ground using position object, assign a material static but put a multi sub object material into it - you have options to randomly assign a material id so if you put all of your materials that you want distributed you get random variation. As for the facing thing, if you apply a shape facing operator first, it'll set a shape and the rotation. If you put the shape instance with your plane object, it'll overwrite the shape but not the rotation so you'll get a shape facing effect but your plane object as the geometry.

Comment

ah, nice one joconnel - great tip!

Comment

Hey olli96, Any chance you could repost me a link to your look at trees avi as the link seems to be down. Much appreciated
            Greg

Comment

i had to delete some stuff from my webspace so unfortunately i cant give you another link, but what i did wasn't very difficult:

[1] Create a Plane and a Dummy
              [2] Align the Dummy to the Plane
              [3] Select the Plane and switch to the Hierarchy Tab of the Command Panel. Choose Link Info and uncheck the x and y axis in the Inherit Rollout.
              [4] Link the Plane to the Dummy and use a Path Constraint from the Dummy to the Camera. If the Plane flips after you did this, then check on keep initial offset in the constraint parameters.
              [5] Thats it.

Olli
              www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Thanks olli nice technique, I'd had the same problems as flipside until now.
                I take it you ment look at constraint and not Path constraint.
                Greg

Comment

Of course it should read Look-At Constraint not Path Constraint.
                  www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Working...
                  X