Hotels for Siggraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels for Siggraph

OK, its that time of year where I need to book a hotel for the Siggraph conference. Knowing nothing at all about San Diego, can anyone recommend the good areas to stay? We want to be 'in the middle of things' and not out in any dead financial districts.

Any tips/pointers?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Wow,

is it time already? I should probably do the same now then...

Best regards,
    Dieter
    --------
    visit my developer blog

Comment

its been a few years since i've been there, and i was only there for siggy, and by myself at the time :\ So i didn't get around to see too much!

But.

I stayed at the US Grant hotel up on broadway at the time, which was effectively 7-8 longish blocks to the convention center, the 'Gaslamp' district is what they consider the walking touristy place in the nearby vicinity.. and from what i recall, had a impressive amount of food/bar things in a concentrated area. (Read: They were close enough together that the 'hostess' out front was generally ridiculously sexy to try and lure us in )

hopefully someone who lives nearby can chime in a bit more.. I was a bit of a nerdo last time, so i didn't spend as much time exploring as i should have!

the area roughly: petco park is done now, but it looks like they're only in town that sunday. ttp://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=hotel&near=&sll=32.711279,-117.161443&sspn=0.009136,0.017595&ie=UTF8&ll=32.70 9961,-117.160993&spn=0.009136,0.017595&t=h&z=16&om=1
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
      X