Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Z or Rhino?

hello,
    I'm looking for feedback about FormZ and Rhino for Architectural modeling with organic shapes.

I'm very confused which software would be the best option in terms of interface & learning curve.

Thank you,

Fernando
    show me the money!!

Rhino all the way, been using it since beta days, absolutely love it. Only saw Formz once in operation, didnt care for it too much (but that was a few years ago), Rhino is very easy to pcik up and customise for your needs, check out the arch vis gallery on rhino3d.com, plus there's a vray version for Rhino )

Cant reccommend it high enough

Tom
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Rhino for me too!

I used FormZ in the past (version2.8... a very long time ago) and then switched to Rhino. Been using it ever since. Really easy to learn and to create complex shapes. Rhino2 was beautiful, Rhino3 was a dog and Rhino4 is a big improvement over 3.
      .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

i use FormZ a lot. it is great for architectural modeling, anything rectilinear, incredibly accurate. ...but i can't recommend it for anything organic or furniture. ..and i can't recommend any version past 3.9.5. they rewrote the code. it is now up to version 6.5, and the code issues still are not straightened out when it comes to the speed of the viewport. actually it is probably fine, but not as fast as the old 3.9.5 when it comes to the viewport.

...i have never used Rhino, but i hear it is a great nurbs modeler.

Comment

Avoid FormZ at all costs.

It is a solid modeler, ancient, and has serious viewport issues.
          The easiest way to model in FormZ is booleans, and that will generate all kinds of nasty geometry after while.

Comment

Thanks!!! I downloaded both applications, I really like rhino but after seen the FormZ demos I don't know yet which one would be the best option...formZ is more for architectural design and Rhino is more industrial Design but at the same time very powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=formz3D

I gotta make a little more research about both of them

Thanks again!!!

Fernando
            show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
            X