photo printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo printers

any suggetsions on a printer for 8.5x11 and 11x17 photo glossy prints?
    mh

We've got an older Canon S9000 and a new Canon Pixima Pro9000. They have been great. I think they can print up to 13"x18". They work best with Canon paper. Other paper brands don't seem to bind with the ink as well. I think they are about $500.

I have some friends that swear by Epson printers. The last time I used one I just swore at it. Maybe it just didn't like me.

Comment

i've had two expensive epson printers, one at home and one (even more expensive) at the office and both were great for awhile then the feeds on them stopped working and they were useless...everything had to be hand fed, one by one...complete junk. So now i'm looking for something that doesn't have feed breakdowns. thanks for the tip.
      mh

Comment

Might be overkill, but the HP designjet120 at my last firm was 100% perfect, all the time! No probs. Beautiful up to 13x19 double sided, etc etc. Also could buy a roll feed attachment for it. I have had only terrible and short experiences with Epson printers. I will never buy one, just my opinion.

Comment

If you are in the price range of 500-600 euro.
          I would recommend canon pixma pro 9000 too. What I would strongly disrecommend is an hp A3 printer. A friend of mine had one (hp9800), and it was nothing but trouble. After a while you have to manually guide the paper in the printer, page by page (I'm not kidding here) and borderless printing didn't always work.

This is confirmed by reviews on amazon
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...9472633&sr=8-1

Compare this to reviews for pixma
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...9472788&sr=1-1

Since I've seen that hp printer, I don't trust hp at all. I bought my scan and print gear from canon. CanoScan4200 - Pixma4200 (A4) Never ever had any problems with it.

It can't compare them to epson cause I haven't got experience with it.
          www.vknt.be

Comment

Working...
          X