procedural stone wall map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• procedural stone wall map

Anyone know of a plugin that generates procedural photo-real rough, uncoursed stone wall textures that are random and do not repeat? And also generates a bump, displacement, and specular map?
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Well that's not asking for much, is it?

Comment

Darkling Simulations seems to have some nice effects available to achieve what you are after, but I personally do not have experience with using Dark Tree.

Examples:
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

FilterForge. I don't have experience with it, but on the website it seems to be what you look for.
        Bump and Normal Maps
        Filter Forge can generate diffuse, bump, specular and normal maps, all seamlessly tiled and anti-aliased.
        Resolution Independent
        As all filters are generated procedurally, any filter can be rendered in any resolution without losing a detail.
        Seamless Tiling
        All filters in Filter Forge support seamless tiling, even for non-square textures.
        http://www.filterforge.com/
        Stone Textures
        http://www.filterforge.com/filters/c...y47-page1.html
        www.vknt.be

Comment

Awesome. Thanks guys. Both suggestions look interesting. That first dark tree example looks along the lines of what I'm going for. Cheers.
          "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

I think that specific example is available for free use, but to modify it much you would probably need the full Dark Tree app. If anything, it could be tested to see if it has any negative issues with your workflow.

I looked into Dark Tree a while back, then ran into their manual...it is rather thick, which could be good or bad I guess.

Let me know how it goes! We are needing more procedural options as well
            Ben Steinert
            pb2ae.com

Comment

Working...
            X