Parameter wiring max9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameter wiring max9

I was hoping someone out there could help me with parameter wiring. I’d like to wire operations in edit poly, say like my history tree in Photoshop with sliders for those operation. For example, say I start with a box, since it is already parametric I can wire a slider to any existing parameter (length, width, height, segments, etc)-great! But, now I want to convert that box, as I always start everything from a box and carve it into an articulated piece of geometry. If I had made an inset I want later control on that geometry to modify the amount of inset that will then ripple up the history stack through the following extrusion, to the following bevel and so on. In essence I want a parametric model in max and I believe the tools are pretty much there but not advertised. I’ve used Digital Project, Revit, Triforma and even Generative Components. I think max is better equipped to do this type of stuff than any of them at a complex conceptual level. Anybody know how to wire the operations performed with-in editpoly, editmesh and polyboost to variable sliders? I don’t see any tracks available in the parameter wire dialogue that are useful for “dumb” objects-objects that are no longer parametric, that have been collapsed. In the future I’d like to to wire relationships and formulas to parameters, say the window mullions are to be 0.25 the value of the widow panes width ; no matter how large the window pane becomes. This could unleash a lot of possibilities and allow for design changes easily. Thanks in advance to any who can help me out

That wont work unless you create an editpoly modifier for each operation that you want to tweak and set it to "animate" to wire it on off. Polymodelling is not parametric and i guess it never will. You'll have to stick to nurbs (the built in ones suck majorly tho, go PowerNurbs if you really wanna go that road, but i doubt that's practical)

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Working...
    X