3d Studio Max 7 and Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d Studio Max 7 and Windows Vista

Can someone confirm that Max 7 does not work with Windows Vista so that I can stop trying to make it work. I bought a laptop that has Vista installed, before putting Windows XP, I decided to give Vista a chance....probably a mistake. I got Max installed, but it does not open....does not get past the first text....."initiallizing 3d studio." Thanks.

Max 8 works ok, at least better than max 9 even with all the updates and extensions.

Try running in compatibility mode of Xp Sp2 and in administrator (or disable UAC), see if it works. Also there is some performance hit in viewport due to drivers not being quite as good as in XP, at least my Geforce 8600 losses 50%-75% of performance when compared with XP (using lastest drivers both for vista and xp x64 sp2).
    Daniel Santana | Co-Founder / Technical Director
    You can do it! VFX
    Lisbon/Porto - Portugal
    http://www.ycdivfx.com

Comment

Perhaps that explains why animations are not playing back completely smoothly. I bought the laptop to almost exclusively be able to show animations to clients when I go to their studios. So then....Vista pretty much sucks! I guess I should just put XP 64 on there like my workstations. The laptop has a gforce 7400 card, but my older workstations play the animations much better!

Comment

Working...
      X