Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clouds in Fumefx

Hi guys,
    does anyone have an idea on how to do clouds in fumefx?
    i can do them in afterburn but i need to do some dynamics in the clouds and fume is so sexy with dynamics!

any help will be muchly appreciated
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Huge scale and a slow time step - you'd probably animate the time scale to 0 to make them freeze in the end. Alternatively use fume for the areas where you get interaction and dress the background with ab.

Comment

yeah i was thinking of doing the cloud thats interacting with the object with fume and fill out the rest of the scene with AB. The main problem im having is getting the cloud shader to look like a cloud!
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

tried it, and to be honest, afterburn is the best solution.

it becomes way to unstable, and to get the puffs you have to do alot of fiddling, then to make them move around and interact, well you get the picture. AB is the way.

if you want to try, create a load of cloud shape meshes, and let fume fill them, use lots of noise layers in the opacity....and i might even have a file lurking around too..somewhere...or an image.
        Freelance TD/Generalist
        http://www.vanilla-box.co.uk

Comment

yeah im going to go down the AB route for the clouds and a pflow/fume combo for the hero effects
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
          X