Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC's with vray

All

Something which has been bemusing me is when I render a scene with some RPC's in VIZ they always appear quite saturated and bright and dont look like they sit in the scene compared to the colour ranges and lighting with all the other materials and objects. I've played about with some of the gamma and RGB settings in the material editor but it doesnt really change them......Any ideas folks? or are there issues with using RPC's and vray together at the mo...

Cheers

Sp

ya i hate rpcs. they do exactly what you have said. So I render them as a separate pass and color correct in post. Thats about it. They lock out the bitmaps so not sure how you can adjust them in mat editor.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
      ya i hate rpcs. they do exactly what you have said. So I render them as a separate pass and color correct in post. Thats about it. They lock out the bitmaps so not sure how you can adjust them in mat editor.
      Yeh, I do that for stills as well, but Im lookin to do an animation with them included.......or maybe not as they case may now be.......

Comment

Yeah, RPC's suck ass. But I have to use them occasionally. What I've found helps is to eliminate the self-illumination, and un-exclude them from the light sources. That way they can get some of the light from the scene and look more integral. Also move their feet down a bit below the ground plane so their reflections and shadows don't look like they are floating.
        "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago
          Yeah, RPC's suck ass. But I have to use them occasionally. What I've found helps is to eliminate the self-illumination, and un-exclude them from the light sources. That way they can get some of the light from the scene and look more integral.
          yup what he said as well. Rpcs CAN recieve and cast shadows, but not by default, you need to do what clifton said. It DOES help alot actually in certain situations. I still render them out as a separate pass though.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

If you dont need an alpha channel for your animation, go to the vray properties, set alpha contribution to -1, and get some colour correction on using that as a mask.

I hate rpc's

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster
              If you dont need an alpha channel for your animation, go to the vray properties, set alpha contribution to -1, and get some colour correction on using that as a mask.

I hate rpc's
              lol......looks like Im not the only one who has had probs with RPC's. I think they are good for certain situations but can really suck for anims.......to the point where they are unuasable. You mention alpha contribution. Is this the global alpha for the scene or individual alpha's for each RPC???? Not sure I know what you mean with the colour correction mask thing??

Comment

no what he is saying is by making the rpcs not contribute to the alpha, you can effectively NOT have to render out the rpcs as a separate pass, cause you can use their 'lack of alpha' as a mask to adjust in post. Pretty nice trick actually, though any rpc that was overlaid infront of the horizon line would cause issues with that.

Comment

Working...
                X