vraymaterials.de

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraymaterials.de

Hey.....Just wondering what your guys practice was for downloading materials. Most of the materials if not all have all the images needed, but when I download them I have to redo the links to the materials....Do you guys save them on your C Drive....the network...etc...Or is that just the way it is...If I may sing a tune.

Luckily we have an intern starting....So I was gonna have her download and catalog them into mat files for me.

Thanx all
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

well what i find wrong on vray materials.de is that they lack the uvw coordinates with scale so i never know how to set them up...actually i dont know what uvw parameter i have to give the objects in oder to have the mat appear in the render as on the site
    teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Having the same problem, Teabag. The newer guys in our office will use those materials and the texture scale will be horribly wrong... it ends up taking so much modification to make a material that looks incredible at 3' away look even passable at 150' or more distance.

This is the nature of the beast, of course, but it's tantalizing to see so many great mats and know they wouldn't look so great in my scenes.

Eric, we have a Matlibs section of our file server and then a vraymaterials.de folder (so we know where they all came from). Then we keep all the materials in there and reroute the maps on a per-use basis. Kind of sloppy, but the intern is busy with other things so it has to do!

Shaun
      ShaunDon

Comment

there should be a new rule to at least give a scale in wihich the material has been applied...otherwise i usually end up just using few setups from the vraymaterial.de mat and make my own to fi tmy purposes....
        teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Working...
        X