Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable USB HDD drive experience

Hello guys,

Ive been wondering whether anyone of u has any experience with portable USB harddrives.

I would like to run windows vista from it and play some games and am curious what impact this may have on the performance of the system as a whole...imho i should not see any visible decrease in performance as the extermal hdds r quite fast, the only thing i am worried about is the chipset performance which i expect will decrease....

any ideas or suggestions?

cheers

martin
    teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

You can't install vista in a full installation to an external usb drive. Summin to do with the booting disabling the usb drivers then enabling them again. The only way around this is to have it running inside some usb drivers already. You can find more info if you look for portable xp/vista. But these are not generally full installations but rather stripped down recovery models of the os.

I use a portable usb bus powered freecom 120gb hd everyday to move my work from in work home and vice versa. I love it to bits and it very quick. I also bought a retractable mini usb to usb wire from ebay which I keep in its bag so I can connect it to anyones system whenever I want.

Comment

that means i am gonna have to do a proper dual boot with another internal drive in (((((

thanx

Martin
      teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Working...
      X