Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PF Problem

Hallo,

I ve got a smal question to those of you who are familliar with Particleflow.

What i want to do is to produce the smoke, a plane produces, while traveling a special way.

the plane has to move along a path, but the smoke doesnt have to stay at place, but has to follow the path in the other direction.

i tried to do this with a speed by symbol operator, but allways , when i move my emitter ( the plane), the smoke as a whole also moves.

any ideas ?

Tom

For something like this I normally have particles birthed on the surface of the plane exhaust and the use a spawn by travel operator - give the spawned particles a bit of divergence and only around 2% inherited speed so that the plane is almost drawing on a line of smoke. Stick on some drag and wind with turbulence and you're all set.

Comment

Hi joconnel,

Well thats a nice thing, but how can i explane this,

maybe i have to discribe the effect that i wish rather as the trails of smoke, that you can see in a windtunnel... flume.. where the airodynamic of a car gets tested.

i achieve this when my emitter stays at place. but when i move it, this fails.

I thought of using a path follow spacewarp, but this also somehow failed.

hmmm.

Tom

Comment

Re: PF Problem

Originally posted by tom schuelke
        i tried to do this with a speed by symbol operator, but allways , when i move my emitter ( the plane), the smoke as a whole also moves.
        I'm really not sure I get what you mean (the wind tunnel example actually confused me a wee bit), but if you lock the particles on the emitter (your position object), and you spawn by travel distance like john said, or even by rate, you just have to specify an inherited speed less than 100%. this should prevent all your particles to move as a whole with the emitting object (along with some divergence).
        just make sure to add a delete operator which actually gives a life span to your spawned particles, or you'll end up chocking max in a few frames.

Comment

Working...
        X