Lindkedin, Facebook and other networking stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindkedin, Facebook and other networking stuff

I was wondering if some of the users here were registered on those websites.

I discovered both recently and basically, I found LinkedIn more "professional" networking tool and Facebook more fun oriented...
    Maybe too much for those who care about reputation But a good way to see the face of some abroad connections.

Are some of us on those website? and what about a V-Ray users group, to see how we're all looking like ?
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

im on Facebook but i never use it. im more of a Flickr person.

Comment

Ive had friends requests from myspace, bebo, facebook and one other which i cant remember. I dont like going with the grain so im not bothered with myspace and bebo is very basic, i signed up to facebook and it seems to have taken off, i dont usually waste time on this sort of thing but its been great as you say catching up with old friends and seeing what they look like after a few years apart. I really like Flickr too although its only for storing and sharing photos (am i right?) and ive yet to upload a bunch of pics from my last trip back to new zealand. I dont know if i want to see what other chaos forum users look like! I think its more fun creating your own mental image of what they might look like!

Comment

...but facebook has also got me in trouble from the girlfriend cause shes read comments posted on my page from ex-girlfriends......so beware!

Comment

Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

I like LinkedIn a lot. It's a great way to keep in touch with colleagues past and present. It seems entirely geared toward professional users which is the appeal for me.
            Steve Burke
            www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Never been a fan of myspace and stuff. But I recently signed-in to facebook because a friend asked. Still exploring it at the moment..
              www.vknt.be

Comment

Hi,
                I am on that xing (formerly OpenBC). Think that's similar.

Dieter
                --------
                visit my developer blog

Comment

facebook is a military sponsored organization. Its true check it out, in their investers list.
                  Anything you post on facebook becomes their property. Its in the agreement.
                  Makes you wonder about things...
                  Have fun boys, wont see me on any of those.
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                  https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel
                    facebook is a military sponsored organization. Its true check it out, in their investers list.
                    I did some search about that, but I haven't found anything about this conspiracy theory. Do you have any source?
                    Philippe Steels
                    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

thats funny, but untrue.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                        thats funny, but untrue.
                        I don't know about that... http://www.albumoftheday.com/facebook/

Comment

i'd say more, but bound under secrecy.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                            thats funny, but untrue.
                            o yeah? dont think there is a name "military organization" there. Its some company which is in direct relation to the military. If you want I can find out more details.
                            Dmitry Vinnik
                            Silhouette Images Inc.
                            ShowReel:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

If you want I can find out more details.
                              Take a look at the video - it's pretty detailed. Lots of military connections/money involved.

What it is, in terms of use to the supporting organizations, is a data mining system. If it is indeed used in data mining (and I'd bet on it), then it's being cross-linked to other systems.

Anyone see the Microsoft Photosynth demo? Imagine this: Photosynth technology at use in large-scale data aggregation/mining crossreferenced to facebook/flickr/Google image search/etc.. Since google can search images, it stands to reason that Google has access to these images in the first place. I'm not sure, but I'd assume that they're cached somewhere on Google's systems. If there was a military program to collect/store ALL digital photography online (only ones with EXIF tags (such as most flickr imagery), to exclude icons, store images, etc...), a system like photosynth could create massive 4D imagery databases. Then, take a picture of your self and scan the databases for it. Maybe you turn up next to a known felon in a few images. Maybe you show up next to a woman who disappears (according to the EXIF tags), a few days after the photo was taken. Think you'd be questioned? The technology for this to be "real" does exist. I only wonder whether all the dots have connected and if it's already in place/development.

Comment

Working...
                              X