Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make Max keep I/O dialog box positions and setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Max keep I/O dialog box positions and setting?

Is there any way to make Max keep the window settings for the open and save dialog boxes? For example, every session starts out with this tiny dialog box in the upper left hand corner which I promptly resize, move to the center of the screen and usually set to details so I can sort by date. Similarly I usually browse for textures with a near full screen window set as thumbnails. Is there any way to tell max to default to this?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

yes this is very annoying! don't know how to fix though.

Comment

Indeed, it's really annoying. If someone knows how to check this, I'll reward him with all my gratitude.
      Philippe Steels
      Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

yes, yes, yes
        the change to 'details' every time and then 'view by what I want' drives me mad
        isn't there any windows utility script thing?

edit: and when the file browse switches to your last picked file type, so you suddenly see only targas - aaargg

Comment

me too

Comment

Another thing is that annoying layers palette. Why won't it just stay in the order I left it in? I exand a layer then have to click the layer row to get the objects in alphabetical order, then if I close that layer, its back out of order again. SSSOOO ANNOYING!
            I wish also that the select-by-name floater would stay open after you've selected something. Is there anyway to tweak this kind of stuff.

Comment

In this same vein, does anyone know how to change the default vertex weld amount? Seriously, why does it default to 1.2" Who welds verticies that far apart?

Comment

C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\9 - 64bit\enu\plugcfg

Here's where some of the stuff is kept.
                Don't know about it all, but some of these are created after the first time a particular part of max (biped, bones, and so on) is used.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                X