Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making textures

Hope I am posting at the right place.

I am looking for advice on the following. When creating seamless textures by taking a photo and then use the offset filter in PS, the lighting/exposure along the cross in the middel of the image are not the same most of the time.

What is the best method to follow in order to get these indifferent exposure sorted out?

Thanx

I would also love to know the answer to this... although I think the obvious one will be, get a better source image.

I am having problems with creating carpet textures which are completely seamless in terms of the lighting consistancy of the original image.

Comment

Here's one way to remove some of the lighting difference in Photoshop...http://www.3drender.com/light/EqTutorial/index.htm

Here's another way in a pretty good (and cheap) stand alone program. I use it all the time... http://www.seamlesstexturegenerator.com/
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

I tried the tutorial and to be honest it makes the image change colour too much from the original. The seamless texture generator however is absolutely brilliant! I shall be making a purchase forthwith!

Comment

Brilliant -Thanks!!

Comment

Copy of the layer
            filter>other>highpass
            you can ajust the light contrast in there
            Right After
            Edit>fade Highpass, mode luminosity
            You lost the main differences of shades in the image
            use Hue/sat to bring back the layer to the wanted color..

Kind of a good all rounder
            Alain Blanchette
            www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Check out Luxology's Imagesynth. It's plain great!

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

Handy tips

Thanks

Comment

Yes very handy!

I went ahead and bought the STG and so far are very happy.
                  I looked at Imagesynth some time ago, but think I spend to little time with it to appreciate its benefits. If time allows I will look deeper into it.

Comment

Wow! I love Seamless Texture Generator. So simple and yet does 90% of the work for getting a good seamless texture. A few quick dabs after in Photoshop with the Spot Healing Brush and everything comes out perfect.

Great tip.
                    Steve Burke
                    www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Working...
                    X