Road and site work modeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road and site work modeling

Hi all, this are wip images from a current project... modeling done in sketchup.

i would appriciate some information regarding the modeling of roads into a topography such as this (30 meters change from one side of the lot to the other)

in sketchup after you make the roads (and it's not so simple in this terrain) any change must be remade almost all the time... and texturing is not so easy

we work with 3d studio max also and any help, link to some resource is highly appreciated.

(i've seen some cool road modeling done in Autodesk Civil 3D, but this is a monster app just for the road side of things)

cheers
    sigpic

Hi Bakbek,

Well, you guessed right - Civil 3D is the way. That's what we use in house. Civil 3D (or you could use LDD) is a monster app, and is definitely tough to navigate unless you're coming at it from a civil engineering perspective. Luckily prior to getting into this field, I spent quite a number of years on these apps, so now we can make them sing when it comes to site modeling.

Good luck.

Comment

any good tutorials about that function off the app?
      sigpic

Comment

hi bakbek,
        I am interested in ur terrain material.
        can you teach me in detail how u made it and which techniques u used (if it is fine for u) ? and the trees.
        thanks a lot

Comment

1st three weeks of tutorials here might help

http://3dats.com/tutorials.asp
          Brian Smith
          www.3dats.com
          3D Architectural Training Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X