retrospect express hd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retrospect express hd

I have an external hard drive that i back my system up to at home. This system uses maxtor one touch that uses retrospect express hd to back everything up. For some reason it stopped backing up about 2 months ago. i just noticed this weekend. I have run the maxtor diagnostics on it and the external hard drive is fine and visible to my main computer. i uninstalled and reinstalled maxtor and retrospect but when restrospect launches, the buttons on it are (still) unresponsive. it does nothing. i turned off the firewall and still no response.
    Anyone use this software and have some thoughts on this?
    mh

Are there any warnings/errors in the log?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

ahhh...good question, hadn't thought of looking there. i'll check tonight.
      thanks.

Comment

We use the full version of Retrospect at the office and have had this happen on occasion. I've always solved it by re-installing Retrospect right over itself. That is, with no uninstall. Keeps all the settings and jobs intact, but fixes the problem.

It usually seems to happen right after I install an update.

Good luck

Comment

thanks, i'll try that tonight.
          mh

Comment

Working...
          X