Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Crash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help.............!

My .max file will no longer open - I get a Viz scene failed to open message.

I had just saved my file (fortunately after saving the final render) and used the HOLD feature to render some scanline passes. Viz crashed and asked if I wanted to try and save - having just saved the file I said No!

Now the damn file won't open!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I hope you're not only working with one file in production? Occasionally I have to defrag my drive when I have problems opening certain Max files.

Comment

Save every hour with incremental numbers so youve always got old ones to fall back on, and set up an autoback for every 5 minutes with about 6 files to go to.

Happens to the best of us at least once.

Comment

Wont help now, but lovely script for incrementalsaving

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/incrementalsave
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Try and merge the file in to a new file - you might be able to pull back part of it at least. Also check your autobak folder - you might have a version before it hung. Someone gave me a ring about an after effects project a few days back - he was working on an animation for around 2 months and the final was due in a few days, he had only ever saved one file and it got corrupted :/

Comment

Ouch.

I save as often as I need and often end up with over 100 saved files at the end of some larger projects. At the end I'll delete all but the 10's (save file 10,20...etc) and then zip all but the most recent file; Max files compress very well.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster
              Happens to the best of us at least once.
              I'll be saving incrementally from now on so it never happens again!

Managed to get the maxbak file wth all my data - thanks joconnell.

Thanks fellas........phew!

Trev

Comment

go team!

Comment

i've been saved plenty of times by autobak!
                  HOORAY FOR AUTOBAK!!!
                  when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Originally posted by dbuchhofer
                    Wont help now, but lovely script for incrementalsaving

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/incrementalsave
                    That script is great..............thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X