Quicktime VR or flash VR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicktime VR or flash VR?

Anybody have experience creating an interactive VR video of a product that could shed some light? I have a kids toy that needs to be spun around 360 and then have hot spots where the video would zoom in to emphasize certain areas and then return to the 360 spin. I'm not sure if I should use Quicktime VR or Flash. Seems like everything is going flash, but this requires more technical knowledge i.e. programming. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I believe the best way to do this is Flash. We have done many interactive 3D objects and QTVR is not as flexible or usable as Flash for hightlighting hotspots and adding a full UI to your piece.

If you find you must use QTVR the best tool I know of for adding interactivity to QuickTime is http://www.totallyhip.com/livestage.html

For Flash you basically pre-render your scenes and then animate the UI on top of your 360. By far the easiest way to go would be to have the hotspots play a video of the feature you wish to highlight in a nice overlay. I you wish to zoom into the object it takes a good amount of planning to execute, but it can be done.

I have a simple Flash 360 script if you want it. Also be sure to only use FLVs for your render encode as there is still a major memory issue in Flash with sequential images looping.

Comment

I think flash is the best way to go. Considering I need elegant transitions QTVR doesn't seem to be the right choice. Thanks for the advice.

What does your 360 script do?

Comment

Working...
      X