Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See through in 3DSMAX. Possible to adjust the transparency ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See through in 3DSMAX. Possible to adjust the transparency ?

The question is in the title. Is it possible to adjust the % of the transparency of the see through function ?
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

the only way i know to do that is to assign a standard material to the object, and drive transparency to the opacity value.

See-through is just a toggle switch, afaik.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

"You can customize the color of see-through objects by using the Colors panel of the Customize > Customize User Interface dialog" from the help..

You find see-through under elements:geometry

/Thomas
      www.suurland.com
      www.cg-source.com
      www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

but that only allows to change the colour, not the transparency.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Exactly, it only changes the colour (and it doesn't even work in my max...)

Thanks for the workaround, Lele... I tought about this one but I don't want to mess with materials in this particular project :P
          Philippe Steels
          Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Hi, as said i dont think you can but ALT and X as you probably know will turn that object into a see through object, but you cant change the opacity % ..

Or you could do it in the object properties .. and set the visibility to what ever you want... just dont forget to set it back before you render..
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

animatie a material's opacity (frame 1 100, frame 2 50, frame 3 25)
              set timeline to 3 frames and you can easy switch between different opacities.
              My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Working...
              X