X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treestorm weirdness

hey guys,
    Is anyone using treestorm for max9 x64?

Im having some major issues with crashing and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Hi. What kind of problems you have with TreeStorm?
    I use it with max 9x64 vray x64 winXPx64 - no problems.
    Z-Dimension WIP 1 WIP 2 WIP 3 WIP 4

Comment

Originally posted by Edge
      Hi. What kind of problems you have with TreeStorm?
      I use it with max 9x64 vray x64 winXPx64 - no problems.
      I've got the exact same setup as you list above, and I'm having a hell of a time really getting any mileage out of it.

For me:
      - Click Create tab -> Treestorm
      - Choose the tree to insert
      - Click in the viewport to place it
      - Everything works fine.
      - Create another tree, or two, and Max will crash.

Sometimes I"ll create a tree, then when I create another, it adds it tot he scene, but it's invisible & doesn't render at all. I suspected that it was due to having the tree definitions located on the network, so I copied them to the local machine, and still had the same issue.

I really want treestorm to work, but have not been impressed with it's ease of use thus far. How can I create thoroughly vegetated area when I have to place one tree at a time between crashes? I ended up copying and scaling/rotating the one good tree in the scene, but really, that's not exactly what we paid for.

I suspect this really has Zero to do with vray, so I'm sure this isn't the place, but hey. Does treestorm have an official forum?

Comment

schroeder- that sounds like the exact issues im having.
        2 or 3 trees are fine but once you start adding more the max files become really unstable.
        I have emailed the developer a few times and he keeps saying that everything is working for them.
        There is no official forum but email support at onyxtree dot com and hassle them to look into the problem.
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yeah, looks like we're in the same boat. I've looked all over for a solution but nothing yet. You'd think that by the sheer number of treestorm users, there'd be a forum to discuss this sort of thing, not I guess not.

At the moment, I remain a little let down in comparison to what I was expecting. I'll keep on the look-out though, if you solve it I'd love to know how you did it.

Comment

well the only way i can use it at the moment is to use treestorm to bring in the trees then convert them to mesh then convert the mesh to proxys.

Not an ideal situation if you actually wanted to use the wind feature of treestorm!
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

!

Yes. I have this problem too

Empty pivots - new trees created later ).
              Z-Dimension WIP 1 WIP 2 WIP 3 WIP 4

Comment

That image is exactly what I'm experiencing.

Comment

Edge: Any chance you could shrink you're avatar down in the Y-dimension? Forum max is supposed to be 80 pixels but alot of people exceed that (myself included) but 255 seems a wee bit too much and screws up the left hand column width.
                  www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

i dont have treestorm, but are you sure that not just the pivots are wrong (select all object, affect pivot only, center to object)
                    My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

I have same exact problems!!!
                      I've sent loong time ago e-mail to onyx support bo no response .
                      It's grate soft for very buggy!
                      Also there is problem when you want to use subobject for leaves your not able to convert branches to mesh!!!
                      Luke Szeflinski
                      :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Have you tried changing your video settings? A lot of times when I get annoying crashes I'll switch to OpenGL from DirectX or vice-versa and the problem goes away.
                        - Geoff

Comment

yeah geoff I have tried that but the crashes just keep pn happening!
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Same problem here...

sometimes it allready crashes after adding one single tree...

tom

Comment

has everyone with problems contacted onyx?
                              I have twice now and both replies I get are less than helpful.
                              Chris Jackson
                              Shiftmedia
                              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                              X