mixing 32 bit and 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixing 32 bit and 64 bit

I have just switched to 64 bit on my workstation, including finally "upgrading" to max9... However my renderboxes are still running max8 32bit..

I know that I read earlier that max9 64bit would not mix well with max9 32bit using backburner, so I was wondering if it is possible with the latest sp for max9 to send jobs from max64 to slaves with max32bit (and obviously vray 32bit..

-Tom

anyone?

-Tom

Comment

I think you can do this, yes.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes this is possible. I'm assuming that you are going to update your farm to Max9 32bit. I don't think you can send to a Max8 farm, but I could be wrong.

To send from a 64bit box to the 32bit farm, when you netrender click on the Advanced button and you should see in the middle of that dialog box the ability to select 32bit or 64bit. Select 32bit and click ok. This should allow you to render to your 32bit farm.

Comment

i can confirm that this works and actually works well in BB. As winberg said, just send the job as 32 bit and you should be golden. I also use DR with a mix of 32 and 64bit machines and it works like a charm.
          Architecture Drop-out...

Comment

Working...
          X