Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animated sky with clouds ?

Hi,

What i plan to do is an animated shot with the sun going down, which in vray is no problem, but with clouds moving above the sky, develloping, ... and the reflections of all on top of my building.

Well i´ve just tried vue 6, with animated clouds and moving sun, and wanted to export a series of spherical hdr´s.

but no luck. the hdrs wasnt true hdr´s, so no good light and reflections.

any idea of other procedural ways to do this fast end effectiv ?

tom

Dreamscape does quite a good job....just the default settings are buttugly.

I did this one a while back as a demonstration for this forum. That's far from perfect, like a 10 min setup just to show it but you get the idea.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

i have done this in the past with dreamscape but rendering out a 180 degree spherical HDRs then using a mix map with a vraysky works really well but you need to work on the timings of the clouds in dreamscape to be believable.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

oh good very nice results
        A little tutorial would be really appreciated
        if someone have some minutes to give the idea on what to regulate would be great.
        Thanks in advance
        Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

Hi thanks,

Yes i did this with dreamscape too a while ago.

but i just wanted to see if today we could get a step further.

What i hoped was that newer programmversions would write out throu hdri in floatingpoint, so the reflections and the light would realy be beleavabele without the need to integrate vrsky to get good light. (this of course is a great way for clear weather) , but in my case beleavable clouds moving (in timewarp) over the sky would have been the aim.

maybe someone who allready used the plugin ozone which integrates vue-skys directly to max.

but arrrgh. am i wrong, this also only works together with mental ray am i wrong..

So Vlado ... Maybe in the next step of vraysky, a fast relistic skysolution with clouds (maybe also volumetric ? )

Tom

Comment

what about using filmed clouds as mask for opacity mapping as layer?
            alder keine ahnung wie ich das in englisch schreiben soll...
            kannst du nicht nen film von wolken als opacity und diffuse layer nehmen und unter deinvraysky als schatten / reflections pass packen?

sorry for writing in german.
            Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
            www.shack.de

Comment

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=20507
              www.meetup.com/3DLondon

Comment

Hi Jonas,

nice to read you... sorry, here, no msn is possible.. arrrgh.

Well , of course some mixing with backroundimmages or, and dreamskape skys would be possible,

but what i am looking for is a much more elegant, and more realistic solution.

I just tried it with vue6, to render out an animated sky not just as a film, but as a series of panoramic immages, but the program doesnt substitute series of immages this way, and also the single rendered skydome wasnt real hdri, so the lightsolution produced with it was rather poor.

i hoped someone of you would know a better easier solution..

Well some more things for vlado maybe...

Tom

Comment

Tom, have you looked at Ozone3 for Vue/Max?
                  Chris Jackson
                  Shiftmedia
                  www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

hi jacksc02,

Well as far as i know it works only together with mentalray. And our workingpipline builds up on vray.

but of course, there would be ways to composit them with layers and channels maybe.

but this we allready could achieve with vue6 xstream . it seems to be the same as far as i know.

but ech way seems to be complicated and rather and a fake with much tweaking.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X