Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange problem with BB

hi all

I have bought a new renderslave and for time saving I mirrored the harddisk from another slave. I have updated all specific drivers, it's working well but I can't get it work with BB. If slave A (old one) is registered in BB and I start slave B (new one) then slave A disappeares from BB manager and vice versa. I can't get both registered. is there something I missed in configuration? a duplicated name or something? any ideas?

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

did you make sure they have different names in their BB server config ? duplicate hostnames ? or something along these lines ?

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

I have solved the problem. thanks for help.

I read the help from BB and found the issue.

"If you have multiple network cards on your Linux or Windows system, by default, Backburner uses the first network card that it finds. This may lead to problems if this is the wrong card. You can force Backburner to use a specific network card. The following procedure describes how.

To resolve network card priority:

List the statistics for all the network adapter cards on the system. From a command prompt, type:

ipconfig /all

All available network cards are listed displaying their MAC addresses (identified by Physical Address).

Edit the backburner.xml file to assign the MAC address in the <ServerMAC> field for the selected network card. See Editing the backburner.xml File."

because I mirrored the HD and installed a new networkcard BB server still had set the MAC adress from the old card. changing the MAC in the *.xml solved the problem. voilĂ .

best regards
      themaxxer
      Pixelschmiede GmbH
      www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

iv kinda got the same problem

One pc was overriding the other in the backburner list....then the manager was cutting out all the time, nothing was rendering. As soon as i stopped using that PC the whole sytem works, and I got all my renders done overnight.

although...i dont have a mirrrored drive or anything like that
        mdi-digital.com

Comment

Working...
        X