64 bit system probs...It's a dog!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 bit system probs...It's a dog!!!

Ok...Dell Precision, Quad Dual Core 5355 4GB Ram...etc.. Nvidia 4500. This system renders fast....BUT...It takes like 6 minutes to boot up...So I can finally run Firefox, after I open Max, PS and maybe CAD, the system taxes out at 2 GB and sometimes just hangs...The panning in MAX seems that it should be WAY faster than before, but it isn;t. Part of it maybe that I am just used to it and my models are getting larger and stuff...But has anyone had any problems at all? Is there a setting somewhere that i never set for memory. LOL Plus all the problems with Desktop 2008 not being 64bit compatible...Grr...and a lot of network printer driver issues, I am seriously thinking of going back to 32bit. Any suggestions or similar stores are welcome. Thanx
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

you run autocad on a 64 bit system?
    mh

Comment

Yup...Acad 2008. They took out part of the install for it, so you have to dump the files to your computer and edit the install file with ORCA and then take the line out for disabling 64 bit install.
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

It's pretty fast here except for our proxy heavy scenes, we are not using Acad on 64, just 32, drivers area hassle but again we use our boxes for 3d and AE and do CAD on 32 bit machines, helps to have both i find....Taking that box back to 32 would be a bit wasteful, you need a lot of RAM to really use a dual quad core and 32 is not going to cut it, be like putting training wheels on a Ferrari....a Dual Quad should have at least 8 gigs and 16 if you can swing it....
        Cheers
        Mike K
        Two heads are better than one ...
        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
        X