good compression for low res animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good compression for low res animation

What is the best file format and compression to use for a 320x 240 animation to be shown on a PDA? I tried a wmv which gave me a 3 MB file for 2.5 min but the quality suffers alot and it did not run very smoothly. An mpg gave me a 24 MB file...... Any experts out there?

What are you using for a bitrate?

Comment

Can you use QT? H264 compression is hard to beat, although it washes out the colors a bit.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

flash video
        but you should use one of the commercial compressers - I dont think export as flash from quicktime would give the control you need
        2.5 mins is quite long and if there's lot of motion 3mb is pretty good

Comment

Sorry I never responded....never received a notice since I did not change settings on the new web site....anyways.....the bitrate is 128kbps on the wmv file...which is the one that I will consider since the other is too big. Am not sure if I can show quicktime files on the PDA? Have to look into that. Perhaps I am just looking for a quality that I cannot achieve.....though a simple sample video on the PDA is of a bee on a flower.....and the motion is smooth......don't get it?!?!?

Comment

Export your animation as an uncompressed file, then in quicktime pro try a few variations (h264 will probably be the best) and see what you like and what's managable.
            Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
            X