Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tutorial!

http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/27211-...p-3ds-max.html

The first rule of tutorials? Make sure the resulting image, is at least slightly cool looking.

I hate to rag on people who provide free tutorials and stuff to the community, but I couldn't pass it up.

I believe he's the winning author of this tutorial previously remarked upon:

http://www.cgarchitect.com/news/newsfeed.asp?nid=3926
    Last edited by percydaman; 02-12-2007, 03:55 PM.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Wow! That before and after image was unbelievable. Really, really unbelievable - as in I can't believe he made a tutorial with this crap. I agree about ragging on somebody providing a free tutorial, but he's supposed to be a published author and should know better.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

You gotta admit though, the second one does look "better".
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

agreed about that "ragging", but actually going to the trouble to include a mugshot of the author only makes the whole experience even more cringeful,

Tom
        Last edited by tom182; 03-12-2007, 12:07 PM.
        Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

oh bloody hell its him again!!!!
          teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

bahahaha get off the internets!
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I am looking forward to more articles by this author...ps how much is his book?
              Colin Senner

Comment

One Million Dollars................
                Attached Files

Comment

It might be worth it... You don't know what other awesome hdri tricks the author has up his sleeve.
                  Colin Senner

Comment

hdri..............

Highly Deceptive Rendering Information

Comment

Anyone that makes digital "art" goes in my book in the first place but barely anything in his renderings gallery has shadows in it. Suspicious.

Comment

yes I chose to decide his work in his gallery was from like 3ds max 2, and just really needed to be updated. Yes I frequently think ignorance is bliss

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

man you guys are cruel...but I guess that makes me cruel too, cause I have to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by tct70 View Post
                            hdri..............

Highly Deceptive Rendering Information
                            SPOT ON!!!

disgracefull tutorials.

Comment

"The HDR IBL is responsible for the highlights on the sofa and the rendering’s overall warmth, while the HDR reflection map produces a sparkle of brilliance on the teapot and coffee table not present in the “normal” rendering."

I can't believe you all missed that sparkle of brilliance guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X