Light Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Bulbs

We are changing our office light bulbs to be energy efficient. Here is a photo of an office with the new bulbs. The purpose of the post is the paint on the walls, inside the office and out, is the same, but with the different light source you couldn't convince me of that fact if I didn't know it to be true. I took the photo to use as a resource for clients who can't get their minds around light and color being synonyms with each other. I was telling them that white without light is black, but they just look at me strangely.

http://www.nor-son.info/temp_uploads/DSCN5469.JPG
    Last edited by glorybound; 11-12-2007, 06:12 PM.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

same here hope u don't mind if i borrow ur reference pic from time to time?
    -= hellostudio.eu =-

Comment

Color

Help yourself.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Wow.. to the actual wall color is that sandy brown yeah?

Comment

Light Bulb

Well.... they are both correct, just under different lighting situations. This is why color is so subjective.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

We face this issue moreso in displaying and presenting our prints than in rendering. Under most conditions you can hold the paint manufacturer's color swatch to our prints and they are very close, but, the overall color harmonies may look really funny in certain lighting conditions and fine in others depending on the color saturation from the lighting.

Are the light sources incadescent and fluorescent? I am curious how close the white balance on the camera could get the colors. We have a light box flooded with fluorescent light, because a lot of the conference rooms that we send our prints to use fluorescent lighting, and when our colors are viewed under incadescent lighting, they have a blue tint...much like the wall color appears in your photograph, but not quite such a strong difference due to the stronger abilities of the human eye to translate the color.
            Ben Steinert
            pb2ae.com

Comment

my client sat in my office once and said that the renders i was doing of the exterior of her building were alot brighter in color than the swatch. i took her outside and showed her the same swatch unter sunlight to shut her up hehe. and when the building was built guess what. it was just as bright as the render.

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
              X