explorer hanging up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explorer hanging up

I've been having issues with my comp the past week. At first I thought it was max hanging up as it always appeared to happen when using it.

My cpu usage will suddenly go to around 52% and just hang there. Everything becomes unresponsive.

I did a system restore to a week before and it's still doing it. I've determined it to be windows explorer and not max.

Anyone else had this happen or have any ideas of a fix as it's pissing me off?

Have you checked your computer for viruses?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Several times so far. It all started happening after I had some automatic updates install

Comment

whats causing your cpu usage to hit 50%?

Like what process is it?

Comment

what sort of system r u using....ive noticed this happening on vista from time to time

regards

Martin
          teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

I got it fixed.

The process was explorer running at 50 %. I uninstalled the last bunch of windows updates as it seemed to be after that I started having the trouble. I ran a chkdsk and then installed kaspersky and did a full scan. No viruses or anything but it's been perfect ever since. I'm not sure if it was the uninstall or the chkdsk that sorted it.

xp sp2 btw

Comment

I've been seeing the same exact thing with Firefox - every now and then it freezes for about 20 or 30 seconds and uses 50% of the cpu.

Infact, I was just doing a search on it.

Highly anoying.

Comment

well I spoke too soon I think. I'ts started doing it again but not as bad so I'm back to square 1

Comment

Working...
                X