Dreamscape Licensing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamscape Licensing?

We're looking at purchasing dreamscape, but can't seem to find information about their licensing structure. Anybody have any idea how it works? Is one license locked to one workstation? Is a site license available? Do you have to purchase rendernode licenses?

Thanks a bunch

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

I purchased one license and am rendering using 4 dual core machines. When you do an install, you load on their network licensing system (I think it's called dcpflics or something). I found it to be a bit of a pain to initially setup, but it's been running fine for quite a while now. Then just do an install on all the rendernodes. Not too sure how many nodes they allow though.
    .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

Yep, it floats and there is no limit on render nodes afaik, haven't had any problems on a 70 machine farm
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

HI Eric
        Are you guys using it for Clouds?

Comment

thought i'd bring this one back to life as i'm trying to deploy dreamscape on the farm, has anyone managed to do this without manually installing on each node?

so far i've not had any luck with our remote plugins folder and dreamscape/dcpflics, getting the 'dcpflics.dlu failed to initialize' message on backburner...

Comment

You need some files from the maxroot. TSRegister.dxx or something ?

Comment

aaah, excellent! thank you! that was it!

Comment

Working...
              X