Best AGP video card out there - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best AGP video card out there - Need help

Okay I have an old system that I need to add a video card to - it needs to be AGP 8x and have good performance in MAX - anyone have any ideas? Thanks

I should add it has a nvidia 7300gt -512 -in it now
    Mike
    Michael S. Munson
    Conceptual Design Studio

Are your looking for a quadro or a nice game card?

the new 8800 GT is a great bargain, almost as fast as NVidia's best but at about half the price

Otherwise the best is the FX 5600...
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Does the new 8800 GT come in AGP x 8 .. i think not, unless im mistaken..
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Oh, no, missed that...who still has AGP?

the 8800GT supports PCI Express 2.0, heh

For an AGP card I believe the fastest available is a ATI HD2600XT, it is a bit fster than a NVidia 7800 so there may be a bit of a payoff for you.
        Last edited by RErender; 11-01-2008, 08:17 PM.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

I have in my old workstation a Nvidia QuadroFX3000....you can buy one of those on-line for about $250-300
          show me the money!!

Comment

Quadro 3000 (meh.. I've got a few of these laying around, i'm actually trying to replace them due to rediculous viewport artifacting if i can manage to get ahold of one of the below)

Geforce 7950 GT 512mb
            ATI x1950 PRO 512mb

and lastly,
            ATI x2600XT (not pro..) not even close to as fast as the above 1950, but the fastest AGP card that you can just go out and buy without searching forever.
            Last edited by dbuchhofer; 17-01-2008, 08:53 AM. Reason: Removed a 7950.. pciex only.. oops
            Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

I haven't had any problem with my Quadro 3000...I keep my MAX in Direct3d and my other application in OpenGL bacause if takes a while to regenerate the viewport in opengl in max if you have more applications open at the same time.
              show me the money!!

Comment

Yea, i'm not sure what the issue is, I've been unable to get *anyone* to show the same type of symptoms anywhere. and being a fairly technical minded geek that i am i've tried pretty much everything i could think of short of a reformat it began with the max9 version and continued to the 2008 version. The workstations have since been replaced and retired to farm duty, but the issue still clouds my judgement of quadro's :P

http://www.buchhofer.com/upload/file...ort_errors.avi (Techsmith codec i believe)

they were the 3000 resolution limited version also. (SL? maybe.. i forget the exact designation.) but the issue happened all the way back to the quadro 900's that i tried in my swap/in/out fest.

Hence the way too much time spent looking up video cards
                Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
                X