Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth modelling: need suggestions

hi,
    i'm curious about your workflow to modelling custom clothes for interiors renderings. (NO 3d models library).

I attach some of my attempts...but i'm trying to go "one step beyond" for a better photorealism.
    This models are polymodelled about photo, give it a pose (on maniquin or on clothes hanger), unwrapped and applied the photo-texture, but they appear too rigid.
    What do you think?

I've never tried with 3dsmax cloth module, do you think it's a good tool for my goal??

Thanx in advance for your contribute.
    Attached Files

Maybe Realviz Imagemodeler?

Just hang some clothes, photograph, and model them.

http://imagemodeler.realviz.com/phot...plications.php

Comment

A much, much cheaper solution to accomplish the same thing, but is tailored specifically to modelling organic shapes, so it serves fewer purposes than ImageModeller:

http://www.archipelis.com/
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

thanx for your suggestions.

i will test archipelis....

do you think that a standard polymodelling is too much time-consuming??
        Do you know some good tutorial for a good cloth modelling workflow??

Thanx

Comment

There's a fully fledged cloth tailoring and simulation solution within max 8+
          The garment maker modifier, plus the cloth modifier (which contains all the simulation parameter) allow for quick and precise design and sewing of any garment, and the good news are that it works well.
          There's a nice tutorial section in the max help detailing how to create just such a jacket, complete with hanging pockets and lot.

Polymodelling should anyways be a good alternative, provided you have some form of access to tools like ZBrush or Mudbox, so to make the job of modelling folds and creases a bit more straightforward.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

this tutorial is quite good:
            http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutori...on/prt--porter
            but max cloth is a slow process - the more time you spend matching the tailors flat patterns the better the clothes will hang - it works very well but takes a lot of fine tuning

(if you need to create them for animated figures some garments are very difficult and be prepared to test/rebuild a lot)

Comment

@gliph
              i'll read that tutorial, unfortunatly i'm behind a proxy that doesn't permit ftp transfer.

I don't need to create clothes for animation... still images only.

@lele
              i'll try cloth module with more attention... first attempts don't give me nice results.

Thanx

Comment

Working...
              X