X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shortcuts issue

hi all,
    i'am working with own shortcuts in max here,
    since 2 weeks now, the editable poly shortcuts like connect with settings i.e. won't work anymore... all others working fine but not these. the most important imo.
    i've replaced the shortcuts and reloaded them 100 times, re-assigned them manually, they are shoing up right in customize tool, but he wan't make it..........

anybode knows if its possible to override them for example? smt i havn't seen???

thanks in advance and best regards
    Jonas
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

it pissed me off that alot of my short cuts when working with an editable poly object worked but then when using an editable poly modifier alot of my shortcuts get messed up. like something as simple as ctrl-i to inverse selection brings up some stupid window in editable poly modifier

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

SOme of the shortcuts never worked for me...Like File Link Manger....No matter what I set it to...It wont work...Werid
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

well...what DaElf is describing is caused by context sensitive shortcurs (= different shortcut sets when you are in edit poly mode or similar things). To get around that
        there is the "Keyboard shortcut override toggle" To switch between global and local shortcuts. In the default toolbar it's next to the Select and manipulate toggle. A single key as icon labeld with "T".

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

but is there smt like a "override editable poly only" shorcuts toggle??
          i'am going crazy here.i have to model quickly here, and when i try to model and press shift+c here (connet edges with dialog in my sc) he creates a camrea from view.. AAAAAH DAMN
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

The overrides can get stuck in some in between state, where the tool bar button will appear to off but is still on, clicking it a few times seems to fix it.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

hacked on the f... button 10 min now... it wan't work....
              things like grow or shrink selections, or select ring or loop is working while all things like extrude, bevel, connect and all that is working without settings window only. when i hit shift+c for connect with settings he's connect the edges 1 time. thats all. no fucking window. it really sucks! before 2 weeks it worked all, i started in holidays and it wan't work anymore. WTF!!!!

p.s.
              sorry for my strong language, but max sucks sometimes!!! (even when i know its always the person before the monitor) :-\
              Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
              www.shack.de

Comment

Don't you enjoy having this heavy poly mesh Tessellated a few times when you try to get a Top view?
                Last edited by Codi; 08-02-2008, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Recenly on my home computer any custom shortcut that includes the ALT button suddenly started highlighting the menu items. At work I have exactly the same shortcut file and it works just fine.

It also makes me really mad that shortcuts you make for an editable poly you also have to make specifically for the edit ploy modifier.
                  - Geoff

Comment

i have just started getting this.... Question have any of you installed max 2008? while running max 9, thats my problem.....

Comment

Originally posted by Codi View Post
                      Don't you enjoy having this heavy poly mesh Tessellated a few times when you try to get a Top view?
                      god yeah! this one annoys the hell out of me.
                      But worse; hitting 'P' to go to perspective view, and having your object completely flatten itself out into a flat planar...

Comment

Originally posted by sv View Post
                        god yeah! this one annoys the hell out of me.
                        But worse; hitting 'P' to go to perspective view, and having your object completely flatten itself out into a flat planar...
                        Or hitting 'V' to pull up the view menu so you can specify another view and it aligns the selected polys to the current view.

I only noticed this behavior starting in Max 8. It never behaved this way in 7 or 7.5. I never had to hit the override toggle back then. It just seemed to know what I was wanting.

Comment

Working...
                        X