Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Mouse

What mouse are you using?
    Just got the new Microsoft Natural Laser 6000, looks great, feels great but.... the wheel button is very hard to press and because of the sideways scrolling ability of the wheel its also hard to get the downward click right, so back to the shop with this one.
    So just wondering what everyone else is using?

I hate 4 way scrolling button mouses. Cmon, who got the idea of adding this useless feature to an already overstressed finger?

I have a Microsoft Comfort 3000 at work and have the same problem. I got used at working with it assigning middle click to the side button and now I almost find it more useful than using the middle button. You use your middle or left finger exclusively for zooming and your thumb for panning.

The drawback is that you lose an extra button that you could use for other functions and that your coworkers get nuts when they try to work in your computer, well, thats funny sometimes.
    Last edited by Codi; 10-02-2008, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Its funny you should mention this because I was considering a new mouse on the weekend!
      As far as I am concerned, all the mid to high end Microsoft mice are not suitable for CAD/3D work because of the middle mouse button being far too difficult to push down.
      The cheap cheap cheap end optical microsoft mice are fantastic, be it the standard 3 button version or the intellimouse 5 button mouse. They track really reliably and are very light and the middle mouse button is ace.
      I also rate the Razer mice and the high end microsoft/razer habu mouse which offer massive resolution with a light body and excellent middle mouse.
      If you are looking for a change I can highly recommend the Logitech TrackMan Wheel. I was getting some pain in my hand about 6 months ago and got this to offer a break and it turned out to be fantastic. In fact just about any low-mid range Logitech mouse will be brilliant - just stay away from the horrendously heavy wireless laser mice they do.

Comment

5 button wired intellimouse - left side button set to show desktop which is great whenever anyone else touches the mouse
        agree with Blitterswicth : far less stress on the hand using a non-battery mouse
        (force = mass x acceleration)
        I tried the intellimouse explorer with the scalloped finger grooves but it was incredibly uncomfortable after a week or two
        I think some hands suit different mice

Comment

i'm using the default hp mouse, and it's great, no fuzz, does the job
          http://www.nextag.com/HP-MOUSE-USB-2...14/prices-html

i recently upgraded at home with call of duty 4 and a logitech G5, even got myself a steelseries mousepad and whatnot, thinking now i'm gonna blast them kids so hard their grannies will feel the pain - what a bringdown, logitech setpoint software and drivers are completely x64 fubar and the kids are whooping my butt like never berfore

..and yeah the G5's middle mouse is horrible, sideways and cumbersome...gotta try the razor someday
          Last edited by kimgar; 12-02-2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Have the Razer Copperhead at home and I find it a very good mouse: light,precise and very confy. The only thing that I can criticize about it is that side buttons are a bit hard to reach.

Comment

I agree with Codi. Top mouse but the side buttons suck very cheap plasticy feel with an annoying bobble on it.

Comment

Is anyone using a Razor Deathadder or the MS/Razor Habu and can comment on their experience and or the stiffness of the middle/wheel button.

Have got it down to these two mice but can't decide.

Am back using my old mouse atm, again, after trying to modify a Belkin 5 button mouse, thought I could "free up" the wheel button a bit. I certainly did,...... but it doesn't work anymore, hey it is/was comfy though!

Two mice down, was hoping the for third time lucky.

Comment

this guy did quite a job of benchmarking, there's some comparison charts later in the article
                  http://esreality.hexus.net/?a=longpo...1300293&page=2

the deathadder definately comes out good, but aparently some pro gamers at some tournament freaked out about the deathadder skipping...

the krait looks cool - cheap, simple and uncluttered
                  here's some marks without deathadder where the krait comes out very good:
                  http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

you'll model at double speed after this
                  Last edited by kimgar; 12-02-2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Went with the Razor DeathAddor, am very happy,
                    A couple of comments, I have to use a mouse pad as it does'nt register on the desk I have, and the middle wheel button is a little bit stiffer than my old intellimouse (with ball), but that is about 7 years old.
                    Other than that its quick, accurate and very very comfy.
                    No more mouse buying for me atm.

I would definatley recommend the Death Addor.

Cheers

Comment

Im using the simplest mouse and I love it. Its this one from microsoft. Simple, elegant, got everything you need. No need to spend 200 bucks on a fancy mouse.

Dmitry Vinnik
                      Silhouette Images Inc.
                      ShowReel:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

+1 for the intellimouse, use one here at home and at work

Side paddles are great for strafing too.

I've spent hundreds of dollars on other mice but always go back to the intelli for gaming, I have a razor, an old saitek ball mouse with side hat (actually my fave back in the day) , a creative fatality, a logitech laser something and one of these http://www.visiontek.com/products/gaming/xg6.html (haven't tried the 3D mouse yet, probably should).
                        Last edited by RErender; 12-02-2008, 11:45 PM.
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

Working...
                        X