Anybody using $99 Houdini???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody using $99 Houdini???

Seems like a real steal - especially if you can export the fluid simulations.

Any opinions about the package?

link? can't seem to find the $99 version? found it
    Last edited by aphex79; 05-03-2008, 01:27 AM.

Comment

I'm planning on buying this within the next month. Looks pretty good to me!
      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

I don't think you can export the simulations? Or can you, (don't have time to figure this out)?

It is funny how autodesk is hyping their new 3ds max release if you campare it with what houdini 10 comes up, on the other hand houdini is really dedicated to heavy effects driven solutions (so don't get me wrong I am quite happy with 3ds max). It is like hat all the best former developers/scientists from xsi maya max are now located at sidefx, after all I think they are all located in Toronto.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?opti...id=322&id=1449
        Last edited by raymarcher; 04-05-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

My impression was that the $99 version of houdini used a non commercial file format. What that would mean for exporting fluid simulations and such I dont know though. I love the idea of the $99 version though.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Both Apprentice Versions are for non-commercial (aka personal portfolio) stuff only Licensewise. And they use a special file format, so you cant even save for houdini so i doubt it will export. Besides what format would you export fluid sims to ??

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

Working...
            X