Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• searching for a good lcd monitor

Hi guys,

I need some advice for choosing a Lcd monitor. I know ultrasharp dells are very good but were i live they are hard to find. I can easily find brands like viewsonic, samsung, lg, aoc, etc. I hope some one could help cause y need to buy a new one pretty soon!!! Mi crt its to old and its imposible to calibrate with huey pro.

Thx a lot!!

I read a couple LCD roundups recently and the favorite for quality and price was the NEC professional range

http://www.nec-display-solutions.co....LCD/index.html

Of course, I need to buy 6 so I am not going super high end. If you are looking for really badass monitors look somewhere like here:

http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/index.asp
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Nec

Yep, I have a NEC MultiSync® LCD2090UXi and I am definitely VERY happy with it! Compared with Eizo from the same price/quality range NEC had better white balance out of the box.

Comment

Nothing in other brands? maybe i am a Little short of money for hi end monitors. maybe something around 400 dollars?

Comment

A work we buy an eizo S2411W...

Work like a charm, one of the best LCD screen "ever" (I've ever seen )

Best regards...
          My Flickr

Comment

I'm sure you can find one for that. But you get what you pay for. I consider LCDs a good investment that will last 4 or 5 years, and must be high enough quality that you can trust what you see on the screen (when calibrated). I don't want to plug my £5000 workstation into a crappy monitor...
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

I agree with Clifton! A nice moniotr is well worth the money- colours are just like they should look like- no banding etc... Yes these monitors are not cheap and my heart still hurts- but when I sit in front of this nice monitor I know I didn't make a mistake.

Before buying it i read a lot of forums and reviews- basically from what I've understood you shouldn't buy a TN panel( if you want exact colour representation), but you should go for at least S-PVA. Also look for number of colours- 16.2 Ml- not good, you should have at least 16,7 or the best 16,77.

Dell have some nice monitors considering inches/ quality, may be BENQ as well.

Comment

I use the ColorEdge CE240W and have no complaints!
                vertex wrangler

Comment

Working...
                X