Fractalius Photoshop Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractalius Photoshop Plugin

I have been getting some nice results on arch vis images using this plugin. Here is an example of what it does...you can see the source image in my current image uploads thread. One simple operation got me from the source to this, extension lines and all!

Ben Steinert
    pb2ae.com

looks nice!
    can it handle animations?
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Comment

Interesting effects, the fractal effects look wild

Comment

I have not attempted using it with animation, and I don't believe any selling points mentioning animation...perhaps I will put something together and see
        Ben Steinert
        pb2ae.com

Comment

sounds good!
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

It appears to come to the same conclusion using the same settings on the same image. If the animation is noiseless enough, I would imagine that it would work rather well. I am about halfway through a batch process using it on a simple building pan with some trees in the background and foreground...I will post it when I get it compiled.
            Ben Steinert
            pb2ae.com

Comment

Here is a quick video from some previous frames we had made about a year ago:

http://rapidshare.com/files/99262727...alius.rar.html

I am sure if you took into account that you would be using this from the beginning, you could get some very nice, clean results due to the consistent nature of it's computation. A few things that I notice:

-The plugin seems to artifact around the borders quite a bit, so you would proabably need to render a little larger than you want for final output in order to crop these messy edges off.

-Very intricate textures can make some jumpy surfaces, so use simple surface materials to get a better effect...but I must say that it handled it rather well without taking this into consideration!
              Ben Steinert
              pb2ae.com

Comment

looks quite nice!
                bit jittering though, but maybe compression thing.
                you've done it with batch in PS?
                Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
                www.shack.de

Comment

Yes, batch in PS.
                  Ben Steinert
                  pb2ae.com

Comment

Working...
                  X