adt linking to max 08 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adt linking to max 08 64

hello any one else have file linking problems in max 2008 64 bit on xp 64 bit

from architecture 2008? or adt 2007

cheers

sorted dosent work at all

autodesk havent fixed it yet...and by the sounds of it they wont!

fyi dont use adt 2008 and winxp64 and max 2008 64bit

vista64 is ok... this includes straight import!

Comment

So they STILL haven't fixed file linking???? We are using Max9 32bit and Autodesk Architecture 2008 (via a forced install as Autodesk will not provide a 64bit version of AA2008!) on 64bit XP machines as the FLM is not reliable into Max9 64bit!

This is getting bloody ridiculous!
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Hi Simon123,

There is a 'Hotfix' which is supposed to fix this, have you installed this?
        http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9241178

Dan
        Dan Brew

Comment

apparently Autodesk rewrote the 3D stuff in the 2007 autocad (and adt) range. It seems to me they messed something up. Anything newer than 2006 from adt or autocad gives me major problems when trying to import to max (already from max version 9). Also the fillet and chamfer command is different in adt and in autocad. I mean those 2 commands have been programmed differently - 2 versions of it. 1 for autocad and one for adt. they did this so that in adt you can also fillet and chamfer walls in 3d. But like I said, seems they messed somehthing up. I haven't tried the patch mentioned above, but I have doubts that it will solve my problems. So now I'm sticking to autocad 2000 - less 3d features, but by far more stable.
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

On max 2008 and 64bit....and linking adt 2008....a no go....The hotfix did not work for me either.....09 ships sometimes mid april....so I guess we will have to wait and see...Very frustrating though
            Eric Camper
            Studio 3D
            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

I'm starting to think the problem is not with MAX, but with ADT
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

An old thread, I know, but we are starting to have file linking problems again from AutoCAD Architecture 2009 (64bit) to Max2009 SP1 (64bit) under XP64.

Without going into too much detail, modelling in ADT and file linking to max is fine for a while, but then on some projects, the file link will suddenly stop working. It goes through the motions of relinking, but doesn't actually update the link and the red flag remains red.

The ADT file will link into a new session of Max just fine, but obviously all texture work then needs to be redone!

Did anyone have a solution for this???
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket
                http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Working...
                X